More July Empties / Vichy, Klorane, Racinne

7/31/2017




As I mentioned in my last empties post here, I'm keeping my empties on my bathroom counter top which is forcing me to share them so that I can throw them away. So far so good as it's only been two weeks and I have more to share. Not entirely exciting this time and no makeup, but this is what I've emptied in the last two weeks.


 My consumption of dry shampoo (probably a very wrong way to use that term since I'm not eating it) has gone way down since my psoriasis on my neck has been so bad. I thought that I really didn't need to be overdoing it on hair products, but to tell you the truth, it really has made a difference, so I'm back to using products, and this one contains oat milk which is supposed to be calming for the scalp.  Klorane is not my favorite dry shampoo, but it's not the worst I've ever tried either. I have a few of these travel sizes, so this was my go to lately. It is so easy to just rip through a small can of this in nothing flat. I probably received this in a Glossybox, but to be honest, I wouldn't buy it on its own first because the Oscar Blandi (which is getting hard to find :() is still my favorite and second because this is a French drugstore brand, and it always kills me when I see how much it costs here versus there. At $10, it's not the most expensive, but I guess it's the principle.

 I have no idea where I got the Racinne 3 piece system this serum was part of as well as a face cream and neck cream. I might have bought it last year when I was looking for a new neck cream, but I knew it had been sitting in the drawer for a while, so I thought I had better use it. I do like the neck cream, but what I've emptied so far is this serum. I kept this one in my office, and on days when I am rushed in the morning,  I tend to finish my skincare at my desk. If you are unfamiliar with the brand (because I was), Racinne is a Korean line out of Canada, and describes the Ultimate Youth Power line as minimizing the look of large pores and promoting elasticity. This is a lightly scented white serum that is neither terribly sticky or silicone feeling like some serums can be. It does take a while to sink into the skin. It's a good every day serum, but it didn't leave me feeling like I couldn't live without it, so I'm moving on to try something else.


Not exciting at all but keeping it real peeps. I empties a powder fresh Secret this week. I don't usually buy the powder fresh, but D did the shopping last time I had this on the list, so this is what he picked up. I'm now using the Secret Clinical Strength just because I remember using it a few years ago, and I thought I would try it again to see if there is a noticeable difference. 


And last but definitely not least, I emptied a Vichy Micellar last week. This is my favorite Micellar, and like the Klorane, it is a French drugstore brand. I've stocked up on our last two trips because you can buy huge bottles in 2-packs there for about the same price as they sell this 6.76 ounce bottle at Target. I will capitulate and pay the price for it when I run out because I use it every night. It leaves no stickiness on my skin and does not burn the eyes at all. Even if you just use it to take off mascara, I can't recommend it highly enough.

So that's it for this week's batch. Time will tell if I can keep up the battle to keep the clutter off the countertop by getting things posted here. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook