Curious

4/13/2012


Cardigan: Romeo & Juliet Couture; Shirt: Loehmann's; Pants: Current Elliott; Bag: Chanel; Shoes: Target; Belt: Forever 21; Earrings: Cookie Lee; Necklace: H & M; Eyeshadow: Bare Minerals Peach Puff & Violet Sky   








 A woman I've been working with for years now approached me a few weeks ago with this comment, "You're really into that whole fashion thing aren't you?"  I responded that yes, I really am into it.  She went on in detail to me that she really likes the concept of fashion, but she never knows how to pull herself together.  She invests in nice pieces, and she sometimes shops with a personal shopper at Nordstrom, but she said she feels like she lacks the nerve to try anything adventurous.  We talked for quite a while, but she had lots of excuses.  She doesn't like her body, she worries about what other people at work will think of her outfits, she doesn't want to make mistakes, she doesn't want to stand out.  I really tried to make suggestions, but after 20 minutes, I realized that nothing I could say was going to help.  She did approach me, I told myself, maybe she's ready for a change.  Skip ahead two weeks.  I wore this outfit on a casual day, and she approached me again.  Imagine my surprise when the first words out of her mouth were, "Those shoes don't go with that outfit.  They don't match."  Um okay.  Never mind.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook