Skin Serums - To Be or Not To Be?

7/11/2011

Today's Size - Large (But they were high-waisted crepe pants, any smaller and they would not have hung well; however I have just sworn to my husband that I am getting rid of them because he says they do nothing for me. Actually he said that he just doesn't like them, but I know what he really means.)
Today's Deep Thought - I just spent nine hours sitting in the same chair being a talking head.  I think I'm ready for Congress.

Thanks to the wonderful people at Guerlain, I've been trying their Super Aqua-Serum.




I've been using serums for a few years now, and I truly do believe that it has helped immeasurably with my skin texture.  I've always had large pores, and I have some acne scaring on both cheeks that has been subtly reduced since the time that I added serum to my beauty routine.

I was a little bit skeptical when I first tried the Guerlain all because the product is an opaque white.  Every serum I had used before was a clear liquid or at least semi-transparent product.  I thought this was just going to end up being a thin moisturizer disguised as a serum.  I was convinced that my skin would feel dripping all day if I used this and then applied my regular moisturizer on top.

I was wrong.  I'm not sure if there has been any improvement in skin texture because I didn't do any before pictures, but I know that when I apply in the morning, my skin has a lovely, soft, hydrated feel all day.  Before using it, I would feel one of two extremes by noon: either my skin would feel dry and chalky after absorbing everything or oily from my oil production trying to overcompensate for the lack of moisture.

I'm really convinced this product has helped me retain the right level of moisture all through-out the day.

Be warned though - this is not cheap.  It sells at Sephora for $165 for 1 ounce.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook