Long

4/17/2012

Shirt: H&M; Top: Forever 21; Skirt: Vintage; Bag: Coach; Shoes: Loeffler Randall (Similar); Earrings: Juicy Couture; Necklace: Jewel Mint; Ring: Vintage; Bracelet: Unknown; Lips: Buxom Portofino & DuWop Lip Venom




Look carefully.  Downtown LA is over my shoulder.  And no, that's not smog.  It was a cloudy, overcast, drizzly day with the sun peaking out occasionally.


I implemented the "if you haven't worn it in over a year, you have to toss it" rule last year when we moved, so last weekend when I was trying to weed out things again, this vintage skirt was on the chopping block.  My process is a little more complicated than the simple get rid of it principle because I'm still a work in progress when it comes to weeding out my closet.  When I pull something out that hasn't passed the test, I tend to ask myself, but could I still wear it, meaning right now this very minute. If I couldn't wear it right now, or I really don't want to, it goes.  If I could wear it right now, it goes on.  Hence the appearance of the skirt, and when I got it on, I thought, "Why haven't I been wearing this?"  Only one problem: I wore it out while hub and I had to run a few errands.  By the time we got to the grocery store, he said, "The fabric is pulling away from the zipper.  You're getting a pretty big hole, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop."  Thankfully, it was just the top skirt and not the lining, but by the time we got home, it was irreparable.  So, bye bye skirt.  You made my decision for me.  I wish we had spent more time together. Oh, and don't forget: Monday Mingle is still live over at Glamamom this week.  Check it out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook