Family Dinner

10/15/2011

A few years ago, I went wine tasting with some friends in Temecula.  We went to a winery that had absolutely the worst wine, but they redeemed themselves by having loaves of hot sourdough garlic bread with a wheel of brie baked into the center.

When the weather turned momentarily cooler last week, I thought I would try to replicate that bread.

I hollowed out the center of a loaf of bread.


Mixed up a huge amount of chopped garlic and a cube of softened butter.


Liberally spread the garlic butter on the bread.


Sprinkled it with grated Parmesan.


I only had a triangle of brie instead of a round, so I sliced it down to fit.


And baked until gooey.


The bread was so hearty, I paired it with a green salad and skewers of wasabi-marinated shrimp.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook