Ruffles

3/11/2013


Coat: Target (Really old, but look at this print trench for spring)
Blouse: Jaloux via Stitchfix
Skirt: Lauren Ralph Lauren (old)
Boots: MIA
Necklace: JewelMint
Rings: JewelMint
Bracelet: H&M





I love this skirt, yet every time I've tried to wear it, I've struggled with putting together an outfit around it.  I think I've been trying to hard to pair it with more tailored things, so today I tried to go with the flow.  I initially didn't include the coat, but the hub said, "I think you want to put a coat on over that."  I gave him the raised eyebrow, but decided that since he doesn't give advise very often, I should listen to him when he does.  We took a few pictures without the coat, and wouldn't you know it, the coat made it so much better.  Lots of pattern going on here, but the coat is subtle texturing, so I'm liking it.  It would have been easy to use more feminine or delicate jewelry with this outfit, but I decided to pair some edgier pieces to play off the femininity of the outfit.  The boots are a little more casual too, but seem to work somehow.  Here's another example of one of my messy, unstructured buns this time with leather criss-crossed around a ponytail before being pulled back.  There's an awful lot of dry shampoo in the do too to add texture.

Linked to Rolled up Pretty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook