Life

1/21/2013







Cardigan: Lutz & Patmos
Dress:  Loehmann's
Tank: Old Navy
Necklace: BaubleBar

I'm sorry for my lack of recent posts, but the last ten days have resulted in huge changes in my life, and my down time has been pretty occupied with making pro and con lists and rewriting my resume.  I've mentioned before that the company where I've worked for fifteen years has spent the last twenty months preparing us for downsizing.  As a result, in mid-December, I was given a new position with a new boss and new staff.  Since then, instead of relishing a new opportunity and facing the challenge, I knew with every new day that this was a position I did not want.  Call me crazy when I spent so many months worried if I would still have a job there, but after a lot of sleepless nights and soul searching, I decided that I'd had enough, and I decided to leave the company.  I'll still be there for about another month which will probably feel like a lifetime because I'm eager to move on with the next phase of my life now.  When I had finally made the decision and submitted the paperwork, it was as if a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  Gradually, every day, I've gotten more and more excited about it.  On Saturday, I felt completely drained and basically sat in the same chair for hours and then went to bed at 9:00.  Yesterday, to take my mind off of things, the new puppy we had adopted from a rescue came home.  I will be busy with potty training, cleaning out my office, starting a job search and trying to be more focused on the things I enjoy doing instead of the things I have to do.  I said 2013 was going to be me getting back to what I like and what makes me feel comfortable, and I really meant it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook