Three Favorites: Black Necklaces

1/06/2014


Necklace: BaubleBar
Dress: H&M



Necklace: Joan Rivers


Necklace: Jewel Mint

If you've been here for awhile, you know that the majority of my wardrobe consists of separates in shades of grey and black with some white and beige thrown in for contrasts.  When I first started to blog, I did so faced with the challenge from my family to insert more color into what I wore from day to day, and for a year, I worked away valiantly on that challenge.  Then one day I woke up and realized that I just did not like what I had been wearing.  It didn't feel like me somehow.  So having survived the challenge, I went back to what was most comfortable for me.  I was reminded along the way that beige has never been and will never be flattering for me, so at least that was a good reminder.  I also picked up navy blue as the new color in my wardrobe, so that's a color, right?  

Just like my clothing choices, my jewelry seems to follow the same tack.  I love black stones, which you also know if you've ever seen my wedding ring.  Funny story about that.  I've never seen anyone else with a ring like mine until we were standing in line at customs in LAX in November.  As we were waiting to go through the line, I glanced at the women in front of me and saw her furtively looking from my ring to hers.  Her ring was very similar to mine.  I'm not sure that she was pleased about that, but it didn't bother me.  In the last few days of cold weather we had here before it moved into the 80s again before Christmas, I felt the need to pull out some of my black necklaces.  No festive red or green for me!  Sorry for the washed out quality of the first photo.  My closet is not ideal for picture taking, but if you do a close analysis, you can see an awful lot of grey.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook