Tailored

9/06/2012



Blazer, Pants & Bracelet: H&M
Shirt: Gap
Shoes: Mia
Sunglasses: 3.1 Phillip Lim
Rings: Tiffany





If you've noticed, I've been posting a little less frequently lately.  At first it was because of being on vacation, then it was because of being sick, but lately it's because I haven't liked my outfits.  I started the blog a little over a year ago because I had started recognizing the changes in my body that often come when you are a woman over 40, and I felt I was facing some challenges in how I dressed for those changes.  At the same time, I wanted to try some new things by getting away from my usual black, grey, white and beige wardrobe choices.  I've been trying color, I've been trying new cuts and styles, and I've found some wonderful things that were very different from what I've worn in the past, and I've been pleasantly surprised by them.  But more and more lately when I try that something different, I look at the pictures and think, "It's nice.  It's styled, but it's just not me."  I was beginning to be even more insecure about my choices and my body because things were just not familiar, and I think that insecurity was coming through by lowering my confidence in my choices even more.  I was spending way too much time thinking about it instead of it just happening, and I think the best fashion, true style, just happens.  So I've made a vow to return to my old familiars.  It may mean me wearing a black or grey blazer in every post, but I love to wear black and grey blazers.  I will still wear big jewelry because I've always loved big jewelry.  I will still wear crazy heels because I love crazy heels.  But I'm going back to the simple, classic, tailored pieces that I crave.  Once I made that decision, it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  Every day this week, getting dressed for work has seemed easy and carefree.  I will try to throw in the infamous pop of color, but some days, like the day we took these pictures, it's just not going to happen.  Watch for a few days, and tell me what you think, dear friends.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook